Friday, July 20, 2012

Won't You Help?

Dearest Quilting Friends...
If you are among the lucky ones...safe and sound in your home...able to work or play each day... picking out fabrics from your stash as you plan your next project or finally finishing up a UFO... then I ask you to consider lending a hand to the families of the 849 homes lost in the wildfires of Colorado-Utah-Montana-Wyoming and Idaho. 

Just a few weeks ago we stood around the quilt shop and wondered "how we could help these devastated families ... how could we even find them...surely quilts would bring a little comfort...and imagine all the 'supplies and fabrics' that our western quilting sisters had lost....so many of us have something we can share.  

I'm so glad to have found this link thru the Henry Glass Fabrics blog... 
for Julie Anderson of "Phoenix Quilts...rising from the ashes" .Click HERE to read her press release and see the amazing task she is undertaking to bring a little comfort to theses families. I don't know Julie...but I'm sending her a virtual HUG and whatever support I can! I hope you'll join me.

Please take a few minutes....search your heart...click on the link above or the "Phoenix Quilts" symbol to the right....whatever you can do to help will be so greatly appreciated. After all...isn't that what we as quilters are all about ~ helping.. however and wherever we can.

P.S. For my 'local Florida quilting friends' - we will have a Fat Quarter Box at Country Crossroads to collect fat q's to send to Phoenix Quilts so that Julie can get them to quilters in need. 
Thanks and Bless You All!

Lynn....The Thimblemouse >"<



2 comments:

  1. Lynn, This is indeed a worthy cause. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for helping me spread the word about Phoenix Quilts! I really appreciate all the help I've gotten so far from quilters all over! Even Australia and South Korea! Quilters are definitely special people! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I just love to hear from you and I truly do read every comment. Sometimes life gets a wee bit crazy and I'm not always able to reply to them all...but I'll keep trying! If you are Anonymous or a no-reply blogger, leave your email with your comment, otherwise there's no way I can reply to you - and maybe you're okay with that - but if there's a give-away and you win...you'll never know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...